On April 1st 2011 I was informed that I would no longer be staying in Malaysia.
On April 5th I boarded my plane home.
On April 5th I boarded my plane home.
Updating this blog was one of the last things I did before I found out.
However that doesn't mean I'm abandoning it.
Over that past few months I made many attempts to write this post. Most of them were wild tangents about my suspicions and my wild claims. So I ought to stick with what I do know. Shortly after updating this blog on April 1st I was informed of my upcoming departure that had been arranged and finalized without my knowledge and removed from my host family. After a few days of living in a Malay reservation I was taken to KLIA and then returned via HKIA to LAX to Charlotte North Carolina to Columbus Ohio. The journey had been somewhat nerve wracking because at the last minute at KLIA an AFS escort so politely told me that it was not my own fault that I was sent home but that I was rather being sent back on the request on my biological family. This information was not necessarily malicious, but it was a falsehood I was unable to verify for almost a day of travel.However that doesn't mean I'm abandoning it.
Anyway that's all that really needs to be said for now. The main point is that I'm back, and so is the blog.

AFS Malaysia has proven to have low integrity to say that I had requested that you come back. They have also proven to be racist, making it impossible for four caucasian students (from the USA and Germany) to stay more than a few months in Malaysia yet all Asian students were able to stay. AFS Malaysia has no idea what diversity means. Had I not met some wonderful muslim people from my own volunteer experience with AFS, and also American muslims, I would not have a good feeling about muslims.
ReplyDelete